Ukrainian Arts and Crafts for Sale
Check out the beautiful Ukrainian art and crafts.
Listing these web sites does not necessarily constitute an endorsement
of the business or the items for sale, and prices of comparable items may
vary from one vendor to the next.
- The Founding of Kyiv is a tapestry by Cherkasy artist, Neonila Nedosyeko.
Very finely woven of wool, it's 30" wide by 48" long and it sells for $600.
I've had the pleasure of arranging U.S. exhibitions for this very talented artist
and invite you to look at her beautiful paintings and
- Ilona Shytyk is a young artist from Cherkasy who works in watercolors, oil,
sculpture, photography, and other media. Check out her religious posters like the one above, which was used
on one of the 2008 Christmas cards of the US Ukrainian National Association.
- Check the wonderful oil paintings by a number of talented Ukrainian artists on Art From Ukraine.
Artwork, ceramics and
woodcrafts from craftmakers in the Carpathian
- From Ternopil to Chicago Nathalie Studio offers
colorful painting on glass, painting on silk, stained glass and more. Many of the works show traditional Ukrainian themes.
All are beautiful.
a collection of socialist realist painting from the former Ukrainian SSR 1949-1991.
- Noted artist Petro Markovych works in
ceramics, metal, and canvas.
- Costume items, embroidery, jewelry, pysanky and woodcraft, with nice descriptions and photos from
Ukrainian Crafts Overseas.
- Vyshyvanka Ukrainian Gifts sells pysanky, embroidery, and woodcrafts
- The August Collection
includes woodcarvings, hand-painted ceramic plates and containers, pysanky.
- All Things Ukrainian offers a large assortment of
crafts from Lviv and western Ukraine, including pysanky, glass beads,
lacquer crafts, embroideries, gold jewelry.
They include original reverse paintings on glass by
brothers Stepan and Jaroslav Adamovitch.
- The above pyskanky were made by Gloria Olynyk. To see her unique designs (such as
The Last Supper on an ostrich egg) and for
supplies to make pysanky, check out
Ukrainian Egg-Cessories. Another source for psyanky supplies is
The Surma Store.
Folk Art Magazine, Narodne Mystetsvo, is a beautiful publication of the National Union of
Folk Art Masters of Ukraine, an organization comprised of some 800 master artists.
Written in Ukrainian, the articles are summarized in English and
lavishly illustrated. They cover a wide variety of folk arts, including painting, pottery,
woodcraft, pysanky, weaving and much more. Click to see
the covers and to read the table of contents of the available issues. To order,
contact Art Ukraine.
- Yevshan Ukrainian Catalog is a wonderful source of
Ukrainian cultural items, with a strong emphasis on musical resources, including choral
and instrumental folk, pop, classical, liturgical, and dance music on CDs. Yevshan is also
a good source of pysanky-making supplies, craft items, note cards, and a wealth of interesting
material. The beautiful, lavishly illustrated, full-color catalog is an education in Ukrainian
culture. This is a good company to deal with.
Yevshan Corporation, Box 325,
Beaconsfield, Quebec, Canada, H9W 5T8. Tel. 1-800-265-9858.